Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's All Changed

Bent's Old Fort - Trading for buffalo furs/skins and other goods.  It's amazing where you can pack over 200 people speaking more than 6 different languages for the purpose of trade.  Spanish, English, various dialects of the local Native American tribes and sign language.


Crossing over to Colorado presented dramatic changes: Local breweries, greater variety of dining, less wind - so far.  The views have been spectacular!

 Love me some bug guts on the windshield!

The above picture shows the first mountains I passed through.  While they aren't very tall they were gorgeous to pass through.  It was all I could do to maintain legal speeds when all of my being wanted to take off like an Eagle.  Good thing my bike doesn't have wings.  Although, at an old-bones aircraft (without a canopy) was cruising along the road and reminded me of the opening Top Gun scene.  Subsequently, the theme song stuck in my head.  No, I did not pump my arm at the aircraft!

Camping that first night was spectacular.  Big Meadow outside of South Fork ... well, see below.



The Pass to south-central Colorado.
The view from the top of Wolf's Pass - a three mile dirt and gravel road to get there.

And on the west side of the pass...
From here I went to Mesa Verde where I've been for two days. Leaving tomorrow morning...will update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment